Thinking of what to put in your smoothie bowl? Here are the top smoothie bowl ingredients you need to make the perfect smoothie bowl every single time. Smoothie bowls are a quick and easy way to add more natural and healthy ingredients to your daily meals. They’re very versatile, and you can add any combination of ingredients you like.
There are no rules when it comes to the ingredients you need to make a smoothie bowl. What you add in your smoothie bowl depends on what you want.
One of the reasons smoothie bowls are so popular is because they can be super healthy and very easy to make. A smoothie bowl is the perfect way to pack a lot of nutrients in your meal.
Another reason there’s a lot of rave around smoothie bowls is that you can make them to your own exact requirement. You can make your smoothie bowl to be as healthy or as indulgent as you want. Whichever way you decide to enjoy it and whatever you decide to add into it is entirely up to you. You can add as many or as little ingredients as you wish.
There are literally thousands of unique smoothie bowl recipes out there. Each which their own combination of ingredients to meet a specific need. What all smoothie bowls have in common however is that they have a thick consistency.
Smoothie bowls require some form of base ingredient to achieve this thickness. Frozen ingredients (especially fruits and vegetables) or powders are the quickest and most common way to make your smoothie bowl thicker. An even quicker way is to simply add ice.
What To Put In A Smoothie Bowl
There are so many ingredients you can use to make a smoothie bowl. These are just some of the most popular ones from some of the best smoothie bowl recipes. With these ingredients you can make as many smoothie bowl recipes you possibly can for a long time. Some ingredients on this list may surprise you. You really can put literally anything in your smoothie bowls.
- Berries (Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, etc)
- Dragon fruit
- Passion fruit
- Tangerines (Mandarins, Clementines, etc)
- Sweet potatoes
- Protein powder (Vanilla, Chocolate, etc)
- Matcha powder
- Activated charcoal powder
- Mushroom powder
- Flaxseed meal
- Hemp seeds
- Acai powder
- Flour (Almond, Coconut, Peanut, etc)
- Maca powder
- Spirulina powder
- Malt syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut extract
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Cashew butter
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Coconut water
- Milk (Coconut milk, Soy milk, Almond milk, Oat milk, etc)
- Tea (Green, Matcha, Black, etc)
- Juice (Orange, Mango, Cranberry, etc)
- Cacao nibs
- Basil leaves
- Bee pollen
- Coconut flakes
- Maple syrup
- Parsley leaves
- Edible flowers
- Goji berries
- Coconut oil
- Almond flakes
- Chocolate chips
- lemon juice
- Lime juice
10 Exciting Smoothie Bowl Recipes That Are Actually Really Yummy
- Banana Blueberry Kefir Smoothie Bowl
- Beet & Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Post-Workout Recovery Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Spiced Apple & Pear Winter Smoothie Bowl
- Cottage Cheese Smoothie Bowl
- Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl
- Acai Bowl with Pomegranate and Coconut
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Pitaya Bowl
- Lemon Cream Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Autumn Acai Bowls With Vanilla Bean Cashew Butter
The next time you decide to make a smoothie bowl recipe, consider using some of the ingredients on this list.