Feel inspired and encouraged with these incredibly beautiful and inspiring quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt.
A woman of true strength and character who used her position as the First Lady of the United States of America to touch and transform the lives of millions of women across the world.
She was a natural leader who wasn’t afraid to inspire and challenge herself and others to greatness.
This month, starting today, I encourage you to use these positive quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt to challenge yourself and reach for greater heights. Remember that we owe it to ourselves to live a happy and fulfilled life.
Each of these quotes will encourage, motivate and inspire you to have courage and strength even where there might seem to be none.
Without further delay, here are my Top 20 Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes for Women.
20 Beautiful Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes for Women
1. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.”
2. “You can never really live anyone else’s life, not even your child’s. The influence you exert is through your own life, and what you’ve become yourself.”
3. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”
4. “You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.”
5. “What you don’t do can be a destructive force.”
6. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.”
7. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”
8. “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.”
9. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
10. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.”
11. “It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.”
12. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
13. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.”
14. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
15. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.”
16. “It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.”
17. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.”
18. “Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.”
19. “Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.”
20. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
Other posts you may be interested in
30 Powerful Quotes About Positive Vibes and Positive Thinking
11 Short Happy Quotes to Motivate You Today
Jill Davis, author for Life So Ever
Jill Davis grew up on army bases in the USA and Germany and has spent her adult life on the East Coast. She resides in Virginia where she gets to enjoy lots of hiking trails, kayaking, and other outdoor adventures. No recipe intimidates her and she is always up to try most foods. Her second language is sarcasm and she always looks for the good in life.