Keep your energy up and treat yourself to a wonderful camping experience with these camping food ideas.
You no longer have to be limited in your food options when camping. With these 97 camping food ideas, you’ll be able to eat well during your next camping trip. You won’t have to worry about what you can eat or what would be easy for you to make for you and your family.
This camping food list includes some classic camping food ideas and easy camping meals for families or large groups. There are also some great ideas for make-ahead camping meals.
Whatever you’re looking for, whether that’s campfire recipes to make in the wild or Dutch oven recipes in the backyard, there’s something here for everyone.
But before you go ahead and try out these camping recipes, make sure you have the right cooking appliance. You can find some affordable and durable camping cooking equipment on Amazon.
Some campsites offer cooking gadgets so it’s worth checking with them first before going out to spend any money on unnecessary items.
- Campfire Bean and Ham Soup | Taste of Home – A hearty soup that’s simple to make and incredibly delicious to eat, especially served hot for dinner.
- Queso Fundido by Megan | Foods Of Our Lives – A delightful cheesy dish with hot sausage or chorizo served with crispy tortilla.
- Camping Quesadillas by Alli | Cupcake Diaries – These hot cheesy quesadillas are really easy to make and are great for a camp dinner.
- Campfire Skillet Apples by Ann-Marie | Chaos is Bliss – An easy dessert recipe you can make over a campfire using only four simple ingredients.
- Cheesy Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches by Erin | Well Plated – A delicious breakfast to feed a camping crowd and is enjoyable hot or at room temperature.
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs by Barbara | Barbara Bakes – A simple, fun idea to dress up a hot dog with the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger.
- Campfire Pizza Cone by Kara | The Joy of Boys – Get your pizza fix while enjoying the camping vibe with this perfectly delicious take on pizza.
- Campfire Cinnamon Roll-ups by Jordyn | Almost Supermom – A fun campfire recipe that’s perfect for a camping breakfast or after dinner treat.
- Campfire Beans & Weenies by Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen – A proper comfort food that can be made over a campfire or on the stove top.
- Blueberry Muffin in an Orange by Grace | A Healthier Michigan – Make breakfast a breeze and minimize mess and cleaning up with this delicious camping dish.
- Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Olivia | This West Coast Mommy – An easy yet incredibly delicious and nourishing campfire meal enjoyed with any topping of your choice.
- Campfire S’mores Granola by Arman | The Big Man’s World – An easy and delicious vegan and gluten free granola made over a campfire with an added s’mores twist.
- Camp Macaroni and Cheese by Meg | Meg’s Everyday Indulgence – A fun way to bring the comforts of home to the camp site.
- S’mores Muddy Buddies by Aimee | Like Mother Like Daughter – The perfect snack packed with different treats for kids to enjoy while camping.
- Campfire French Toast by Stacey | This Lil Piglet – A low maintenance camping meal that’s sure to add some smile to the faces of your little campers.
- Korean Beef Skillet by Heather | Homemade Heather – Prepare and freeze in advance for a super easy and delicious 10 minute one pot meal.
- Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Skewers by Alyssa | The Recipe Critic – Healthy and delicious low calorie chicken skewers packed with flavor and delicious summer vegetables.
- Campfire Potatoes by Chrisy | Homemade Hooplah – A classic summer side dish that offers a nice and tasty home style meal while out camping.
- Campfire Mexican Street Corn by Gretchen | Saving Money Camping – A quick and easy corn on the cob side dish that everyone will enjoy.
- Ham, Egg & Cheese Bread Bowls by Nagi | RecipeTin Eats – A great mess free easy camping breakfast idea that’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
- Hobo Hamburgers by Paula Deen – An easy tin foil camping dish with some wholesome and delicious ingredients for a filling meal.
- Campfire Coffee Cake with Maple Glaze by Kristen | My 3 Little Kittens – An incredibly delicious camping treat to enjoy for breakfast or dessert.
- Campfire Fried Eggs with Potato and Bacon Hash by Martha Stewart – A classic outdoor breakfast best served with a fresh pot of your favorite coffee or breakfast drink.
- Samoa S’mores by Tiffany | Creme De La Crumb – The ultimate campfire treat that merges the goodness of homemade cookies and marshmallows.
- Camping Mac n’ Cheese by Lauren | Lauren’s Latest – An easy and cheesy make ahead camping meal for a lovely camping dinner experience.
- 3 Cheese Bacon Campfire Potatoes by Michele | Midlife Healthy Living – An easy and enjoyable meal to cook outdoors over a campfire anytime of the day.
- Camping Hot Dogs by Ashley | Frugal Coupon Living – A nice outdoor treat that kids can especially enjoy whether that’s in the backyard or while camping.
- Camping Chilaquiles by Holli | The Adventure Bite – An easy meal that comes together very quickly and is packed with amazing flavors for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
- Hot Ham and Cheese Campfire Sandwiches by Deborah | Taste and Tell – A nice and hot campfire dinner you can put together and enjoy in minutes.
- Campfire Dump Cake by Beth | Simply Budgeted – A simple and tasty camping treat that kids can make and would definitely enjoy eating.
- Chili Campfire Bake | Six Sisters’ Stuff – A quick and easy campfire bake that’s incredibly delicious and enjoyable.
- Campfire Hash | Taste of Home – A hearty and tasty meal to tuck into after a full day of camping activities.
- Eggs on the Grill by Jen | All Recipes – A great camping food hack that involves cooking eggs on a grill using a muffin pan.
- Campfire Cinnamon Rolls by Mel | Adventures of Mel – A delicious and easy make ahead camping recipe you can cook over the campfire.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus by Alli | Dancing Through the Rain – An easy keto friendly meal cooked beautifully on a campfire.
- Campfire Sausage with Roasted Red Peppers by Diana | Eating Richly – A simple breakfast sandwich that’s great to enjoy before or even after a long camping day.
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Kita | Girl Carnivore – A fun campfire take on mac and cheese made even more tasty with some added brats.
- Campfire Nachos by Megan | Fresh Off the Grid – A nice and satisfying delight to end a long camping day around a campfire.
- Open Fire Seafood Paella by Sonja & Alex | A Couple Cooks – A celebratory meal that’s perfect for entertaining a crowd and savoring together.
- Campfire Bacon by Christie | Zestuous – Forget marshmallows and go for the smoky, crispy and flavorful bacon on skewers instead.
- Campfire Banana Boats by Jo-Anna | This Big Adventure – Switch up dessert in a fun way with bananas stuffed with delicious fillings of your choice.
- Hawaiian BBQ Pork Walking Taco by Tonia | The Gunny Sack – Easy to make, full of flavor and perfect for feeding a crowd at a backyard BBQ or a camping trip.
- Campfire Grilled Empanada by Taty | Cool Moms Cool Tips – features an easy and delicious mix of ingredients to delight all your campers.
- Grilled Italian Sweet Sausages with Peppers and Onions by Ellen | Confessions of an Overworked Mom – A nice and easy recipe to help feed a small crowd.
- Hot Dog on a Stick by Kara | The Joy of Boys – A fun and tasty hot dog treat cooked over a fire that the kids would absolutely love.
- Easy Campfire Nachos by Lena | What Mommy Does – An easy and satisfying camp meal that’s perfect for dinner or as an appetizer.
- Campfire Stew – 4 Ways by Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry – Make this hearty and filling Campfire Stew in the Instant Pot, slow cooker, oven or on the campfire.
- Grilled peach Crisp by Jamie | As For Me and My Homestead – A deliciously simple foil packet camping dessert recipe cooked over the coals of a campfire.
- Veggie & Sausage Shish Kabobs by Jo-Anna | A Pretty Life in the Suburbs – An easy summer camping meal packed with fresh vegetables and delicious sausages.
- Fruit and Nut Peanut Butter Stuffed Tortilla by Kim | Camping For foodies – An easy camping meal packed with protein to give you energy throughout the day.
- Camping Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs by Holli | The Adventure Bite – Sticky, sweet, spicy and full of delicious flavor that everyone would love.
- Frito Pie by Jen | The search for Imperfection – An even tastier version of a Walking Taco with added ingredients yet still easy to make.
- Raspberry Nutella Mountain Pies by Cyd | The Sweetest Occasion – A perfectly delicious and easy to make camping meal that will feed a large crowd.
- Pepperoni Grilled Cheese by Reuse Grow Enjoy – Gather round the campfire and enjoy this delicious pizza for lunch or dinner.
- Campfire Pizza by Stephanie | Spaceships and Laser Beams – An easy cheesy and delicious campfire pizza for the perfect camping dinner.
- Spicy Chicken and Corn Chili by Kim | Camping For foodies – A yummy dinner recipe made entirely of non perishable, non refrigerated ingredients.
- Air Fryer & Campfire Nutella S’mores by Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry – A fun and tasty twist on the summer classic that you can enjoy any time of the year.
- Taco in a Bag by Merry | Merry About Town – You’ll be amazed at how easy, delicious and filling this super simple meal is.
- Camping Paella by Mini Travellers – This special and delicious meal is the perfect way to feed a large group of campers.
- Orange Olive Oil Upside Down Cake by Laura | Mother Would Know – This moist and delicious cake topped with orange slices is just the perfect camping dessert.
- Pinchos de Pollo by Lisa | Low Carb Yum – Enjoy these perfectly marinated and grilled chicken kebabs as an appetizer or a light meal in camp.
- Tipsy Campfire Nachos by Peppers and Pennies – Relax in comfort in the great outdoors with a drink and this delicious campfire treat.
- Shrimp on the Barbie by Holly | Pink Fortitude – A quick and easy camping meal that will make for the perfect recipe for a large crowd.
- Campfire Grilled Nachos by Let’s Camp S’More – A fun and tasty meal that’s really easy to make over the campfire or on a grill.
- Grilled Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart Sandwiches by Lina | Hip2Save – A fun and delicious camping meal or appetizer that the entire family would love.
- Campfire Beef Stew and Dumplings by Sarah | Craft Invaders – A hearty and nutritious camping dinner for a filling family feast.
- Campfire Porkchops by Happiest Camper – A well seasoned camping meal the whole family can enjoy.
- Franks and Beans by Jessica | Savory Experiments – Can be made as a quick and easy lunch or a classic camping food that everyone can enjoy.
- Campfire Nachos by Angie | The Country Chic Cottage – A simple, low fuss and easy family camping recipe you can make on the campfire.
- Campfire Monkey Bread by Kayla | Say Not Sweet Anne – Easily make this in a Dutch oven and serve it up as a breakfast or treat for a happier camp.
- Campfire Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Jeran | Oleander and Palm – A creative and enjoyable snack or breakfast meal idea for camping.
- Campfire Cheater Chili Mac Skillet by Karlynn | The Kitchen Magpie – A hearty dish that requires only a few ingredients and cooks perfectly in a cast iron skillet on the campfire.
- Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash by Becky | The Two Bite Club – An easy to make, healthy and delicious meal that comes together in just 15 minutes.
- Campfire Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs by Kim | This Ole Mom – An amazing over the campfire meal for camping in the backyard or out in the wilderness.
- Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich Loaf by 50 Campfires – A very easy camping lunch recipe idea that comes together in just minutes.
- Chilli SPAM & Eggs by Camilla | Fab Food 4 All – A hearty meal with nutritious and satisfying ingredients to perk your campers right up.
- Campfire Pizza with Veggies by Sarah | Champagne Tastes – An easy and delicious vegetarian pizza cooked perfectly in a cast iron pan over a campfire.
- Campfire Skillet Cornbread by Megan | Fresh Off the Grid – A quick and easy cast iron cornbread meal that can be made over your campfire.
- Simple Campfire Stew by Julia | Happy Foods Tube – A simple meaty campfire stew slow cooked to perfection and ready to satisfy a hungry crowd with any side of your choice.
- Juniper Berry and Raisin Stuffed Pork Chops by Margaret | Kitchen Frau – These smoky delights can be grilled, pan fried or cooked over a campfire.
- Campfire Cheesesteaks by Renee | Little Earthling Blog – A satisfyingly delicious camping meal that will delight the entire family.
- Campfire Cones by Christy | The Girl Who Ate Everything – A nice and delicious treat or dessert you can be sure all campers would love equally.
- Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits by Melissa | Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen – A delightful breakfast treat that’s sure to become a family favorite.
- Reuben Sandwich by Barb | Second Chance to Dream – An extra delicious grilled sandwich made with a cast iron cooker for the perfect camping breakfast.
- Campfire Macaroni and Cheese by Janel | NellieBellie – An easy make ahead camping meal that is easily started at home and finished on the campfire.
- Campfire Nachos by Megan | Pip and Ebby – An easy one pan pile of delicious food to serve up as an appetizer or snacks for hungry campers.
- Campfire Egg and Nutella S’mores by Stacey | This Lil Piglet – A healthier and equally delicious version of the camp favorite s’mores enjoyed with eggs for breakfast.
- Skillet Barbecue Baked Beans with Bacon by Jamie | Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom – Deliciously flavored with some smoky, sweet and tangy tastes.
- Cheesy Ham and Egg Sandwiches by Chrysa | Thrifty Jinxy – A flexible recipe with options to make for a crowd and cook over a campfire in foil packs.
- Camp Cooker Pizza by Heather | Homemade Heather – A super easy four ingredient recipe for a quick and delicious camping dinner.
- Ember-Roasted Corn and Leeks by Kyle | Bon Appetit – An easy straight to the point tasty corn on the cob camping meal with added spice and seeds.
- Sausage and Veggie Grill Packets by Sue | The View from Great Island – A versatile dish with nutritious veggies and sausages all wrapped up in foil and grilled deliciously.
- Campfire Ham and Cheese Bread by Kathryn | Mommy Kat and Kids – An easy and tasty foil packet camping lunch for the whole family to enjoy.
- Camping Oatmeal by Kelly | A Side of Sweet – A simple yet effective way to eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious meal while out camping.
- Camp Chili & Cornbread by Karen | Honestly Yum – A spicy and smoky chili ladled with cornbread for a delightful crowd pleasing camping meal.
- Campfire Pizza Nachos by Jessica | Cooking with Janica – An easy make ahead camping recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to cook over a campfire.
- Campfire Onion Bombs by Jerry & Roni | Cooking Life to the Fullest – Make this low fat recipe ahead, heat over a campfire and enjoy for dinner.
Other posts you may be interested in
30 Make Ahead Camping Food Recipes for a Stress-Free Camping Experience
Fun Games for 12 Year Olds to Play Outside
Jill Davis, author for Life So Ever
Jill Davis grew up on army bases in the USA and Germany and has spent her adult life on the East Coast. She resides in Virginia where she gets to enjoy lots of hiking trails, kayaking, and other outdoor adventures. No recipe intimidates her and she is always up to try most foods. Her second language is sarcasm and she always looks for the good in life.