Here are the best post-baby panties to wear after delivery. Whether you have a vaginal delivery or C-section, you want a good underwear to help you in your postpartum journey.
Bringing a baby into the world is an intense process. It takes a toll on the body in many different ways. Thankfully it’s always all worth it and quickly forgotten about in no time.
If there was ever a welcome and necessary pain, it would be that of bringing a new life into the world. The overwhelming joy and indescribable love for a child is priceless.
But, we can’t ignore or forget the pain of labor and delivery. Thankfully it’s one we can heal from.
So, underwear. Where do they come in, and how do they affect things? Well, I can tell you right now that having the correct type of underwear is a game-changer. Especially when it comes to healing from pain and discomfort after delivery.
Selecting the best postpartum underwear is a crucial step not to skip when preparing for your baby’s arrival and postpartum recovery.
Labor and delivery come with a lot of physical pain. Mainly around the abdominal, vaginal, and perineal areas depending on the type of birth.
These are all areas your underwear will come in contact with daily. So the kind of underwear you use after delivery should be completely different from the regular day-to-day underwear.
Your postpartum underwear should promote your postpartum healing and recovery. Your choice of underwear can make or break you.
One of the most critical elements of your recovery after having a baby is probably your underwear. It’s something you need to pay attention to, as it can affect your healing process.
What to look for in a postpartum underwear
Postpartum recovery requirements can be different depending on your delivery journey. There are various options to choose from when shopping for postpartum underwear, depending on your personal preference and circumstances.
For example some women experience incontinence after having a baby. In that case, they may require a . Others may experience heavy bleeding and need something to help manage that.
Or it could be the simple difference between having a C-section or vaginal birth and needing something that will not aggravate the stitches or tear, as it applies.
Comfort, convenience, and recovery are the most important factors to consider.
It would help if you had postpartum underwear that you’ll feel comfortable wearing at all times. Something that will not cause any vaginal or abdominal discomfort.
As a new mom, the available time you’ll have will seem limited because you’ll be spending a lot of time looking after your newborn. Or just looking at them.
You want underwear you can quickly and easily use, like disposable postpartum underwear.
Your postpartum underwear shouldn’t cause any issues. There should be no risk of pain, irritation, or infection.
As a general rule, it’s best to have C-section recovery underwear as your default choice. Just in case things change, and you end up having a C-section delivery.
A quick tip: Consider the vaginal and abdominal areas when choosing your postpartum underwear. Go for C-section-friendly underwear. These types of panties work well for everyone, whether they had a C-section or not.
Postpartum Underwear or Pads – What’s best for postpartum recovery?
Pads and underwear play two very different roles when it comes to postpartum recovery. Pads should be used as an accessory to postpartum underwear, just like in normal circumstances.
Unfortunately, it’s common for some new moms to assume that they’ll use pads with their regular underwear after giving birth. But this is a huge mistake that can cause a lot of pain and regret.
Postpartum underwear provides comfort and helps with healing. Pads absorb stuff.
Although some pads like cooling witch hazel pads promote healing and provide comfort, they cannot replace underwear. Pads should be used in addition to postpartum underwear and not as a replacement.
Some postpartum underwear come with inbuilt pads. This is quite common with disposable postpartum underwear.
Should you size up for your postpartum underwear?
A well-fitting underwear will provide the best level of comfort, and comfort will promote healing.
Of course, your body can change very quickly between pregnancy and after delivery, but you should still be able to work out your underwear size.
Some postpartum underwear come with a size guide to help you select the best fit.
As a general rule, most moms tend to go for a size larger than their standard size. This is because your body will take a while to snap back to its pre-pregnancy size after delivery.
So make some allowance for your bump as well as your new size.
Also, if you’re going to be using pads, it would be ideal to have some room to accommodate pads.
You don’t want your underwear to be too tight. Not only will that reduce your recovery speed, wearing underwear that is too tight can cause infections.
Follow the size chart or sizing guide of your chosen postpartum underwear for the best fit.
Here are some recommendations for the best postpartum underwear that will help you recover after your baby is born.
The best underwear to wear after giving birth
- Best disposable postpartum underwear: Frida Mom Disposable Postpartum Underwear
- Best post C-section underwear: UpSpring C-Section Support Underwear
- Best mesh postpartum underwear: JUNFAN Washable Postpartum Mesh Underwear
- Best postpartum underwear for incontinence:
- Best plus size postpartum underwear: MISSWHO Plus Size Postpartum Underwear
- Best postpartum compression underwear: iloveSIA Womens High Waist Postpartum Compression Underwear
- Best disposable mesh postpartum underwear: HANSILK Disposable Mesh Postpartum Underwear
- Best high waist postpartum underwear: Motherhood High-waisted Postpartum Underwear with Seamless Support
- Best underwear for postpartum bleeding: Funcy Protective Period Panties for Postpartum Bleeding
- Best postpartum cotton underwear: INNERSY Womens High Waisted Postpartum Cotton Briefs
1. Frida Mom Disposable Postpartum Underwear: The best disposable postpartum underwear
2. UpSpring C-section Support Underwear: The best postpartum underwear for C-section recovery
3. JUNFAN Washable Postpartum Mesh Underwear: The best postpartum mesh underwear
4. : The best postpartum underwear for incontinence
5. MISSWHO Full Coverage Brief Panties: The best plus size postpartum underwear
6. iloveSIA Womens High Waist Postpartum Compression Underwear: The best postpartum compression underwear
7. HANSILK Disposable Mesh Postpartum Underwear: The best disposable mesh postpartum underwear
8. Motherhood High-waisted Postpartum Underwear with Seamless Support: The best high waisted postpartum underwear
9. Funcy Protective Period Panties for Postpartum Bleeding: The best underwear for postpartum bleeding
10. INNERSY Womens High Waisted Postpartum Cotton Briefs: The best postpartum cotton underwear
The top 10 Postpartum Underwear: Click on each image for full details and to shop on Amazon!