Chicken is amazingly versatile. It definitely has its own flavor but will easily be enhanced using many different herbs and spices. Everyone loves juicy and tender chicken legs.
Below are 21 recipes for you to try. I’m sure you will find a favorite. Just make sure your chicken cooks till 165 degrees, and you will have an amazing dinner.
I’ve experimented with cooking a lot of chicken over my adult life and have found that as long as you enjoy the ingredients, you can cook it on the stovetop, in the oven, on the grill, and in air fryers.
If you want to cut down on the fat or don’t want the skin on, here is an easy way to pull off the skin on a chicken leg.
Use a paper towel to grab onto part of the cut skin and pull it back over the bone end. The grip of the paper towel on the chicken skin holds pretty well, and all you have to do is hold on and pull the skin off. It’s easy once you do it a few times.
My Favorite (and easy) Juicy Chicken Leg Recipe
My favorite simple chicken leg recipe is BBQ chicken. This recipe is super easy. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Cook the legs until the legs are 150 degrees, baste with your favorite BBQ sauce. Keep cooking until they reach 165 degrees, about 5 more minutes, and they are ready to eat.
Whether you like your chicken spicy, savory, or with a touch of sweetness, I’m sure you will find a recipe below that will become your favorite. Think of flavors like honey garlic, basil, honey mustard, bbq, cajun, garlic-lime, or sweet and spicy; these recipes will get you thinking of other flavor combinations that you will want to try.
You don’t have to stick with chicken legs; you can use chicken breasts, thighs, or wings and have a huge amount of flavor.
Tender and Juicy Chicken Leg Recipes
1. Baked Chicken Legs by Julies Eats and Treats
2. Basil Parmesan Baked Chicken Drumsticks by The Suburban Soapbox
3. Baked Chicken Legs (with Best Marinade) by Natasha’s Kitchen
4. Honey Garlic Chicken Legs by Pumpkin N Spice
5. Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Drumsticks by Recipes Tin Eats
6. Lemon Garlic Baked Chicken Drumsticks by The Mediterranean Dish
7. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks by Pitch Fork Foodie
8. Sweet ‘n Sticky Baked Chicken Drumsticks by The Comfort Of Cooking
9. Cajun Chicken Drumsticks by The Stay Home Chef
10. Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks by Lemon Blossoms
11. Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken Legs by Jo Cooks
12. Oven-Braised Rosemary Chicken Legs by The Spruce Eats
13. Spicy Chili Lime Baked Chicken Legs by Melanie Cooks
14. Skinny Hot and Spicy Chicken Leg by Skinny Kitchen
15. Asian Chicken Legs by Mantitlement
16. Chimichurri Roast Chicken Legs by Fine Cooking
17. Crispy Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks with Mango Chutney by Once Upon A Chef
18. Tasty Island Style Roasted Chicken Drumsticks by Caribbean Pot
19. Paprika Chicken Legs by Cooktoria
20. Garlic Lime Taco Grilled Chicken Drumsticks by Picky Palate
21. Curry Braised Chicken Legs by Dinner Then Dessert
Jill Davis, author for Life So Ever
Jill Davis grew up on army bases in the USA and Germany and has spent her adult life on the East Coast. She resides in Virginia where she gets to enjoy lots of hiking trails, kayaking, and other outdoor adventures. No recipe intimidates her and she is always up to try most foods. Her second language is sarcasm and she always looks for the good in life.