Random facts about most things can be great conversation starters, or sometimes, they can be conversation stoppers. Some of the facts below will be great news for many females, and some will just make you say hmmmmm.
I recently found an infographic about 15 random facts about sex that I knew I had to share.
I’m sure some of you know a few of these to be true. If you deal with headaches, you may be pleased to know that #11 says a female orgasm can cure headaches. I know this one for a fact. Now, migraines are a whole other thing.
Infographic about Random Sex Facts
1. 56% of men have had sex at work
I don’t think this one is true. I checked a few other studies, and none of them have this high of a number. It looks like it’s more around 10%. But it is still a fantasy for many people.
2. According to a popular mens magazine, more women talk dirty during sex than men.
Okay, I can go with this. Women do tend to build up the people we are around. We support the men in our lives, and to get a fantastic orgasm and amazing sex, we need them to last more than 12 minutes. So, yes, go ahead, talk dirty to your man.
3. Have a stuffy nose? Have sex, it’s a natural antihistamine.
This can be good or not so great. Sex gets the circulation going, but stopping to blow your nose is what can happen.
4. Impotence is grounds for divorce in 26 states
This goes for either gender. It’s an old rule, still usable, but has to be proven. Other well-known legal grounds for divorce are adultery addiction and abandonment.
5. Only 17% of women are likely to have an orgasm during sex – more foreplay, please
I think they mean sex, as in physical penetration. Women typically need to be warmed up. If you are lucky, you have a partner that knows this and knows that getting your juices flowing will always be better for his orgasm too.
6. A man ejaculates 18 quarts in his life, that’s roughly half a trillion of those little guys
Okay, how did they figure this one out! I know there is an average amount that comes out (pun intended) and an average amount of sex in one’s lifetime, so,…. okay,…. we will just go with it.
7. On average men reach orgasm in 2.5 minutes, while women take 12 minutes
Must it always be a competition? LOL, With the right toy, women can also achieve an orgasm pretty quickly.
8. The average erect penis size is 5″
Where there is an average, there are both sides of that average: Longer and shorter. This also makes me think about the average depth of a vagina is. According to studies, it is 3.77″ and varies from 3″ to 7″ in depth. Vaginas do expand when aroused but always go back to size.
9. Men that have a good, active sex life are likely to live past 80 years of age
I would think that a good sex life makes one happier. If you are happier, you are less stressed and prone to live longer. This may make you wonder if your grandparents or great-grandparents are still actively making love. If so, that’s awesome!
10. Cherry is the most popular flavor of edible underwear. Chocolate is the least
One look at any adult toy store and you will find an assortment of edible underwear. Is there a pun intended that Cherry is the most popular?
11. Female orgasms can actually cure a headache due to the release of endorphins, no more excuses ladies.
Endorphines are amazing; they make you feel so good. I’ve experienced this one before. It does not always work, and it has no bearing on my migraines. But when it does cure my headache, that’s a bonus on that great post-orgasmic feeling.
12. There are approximately 100 million acts of sex a day. Twitter reports the same number of tweets per day
There are over 7 Billion people on this planet, and about 74% are adults. The average amount of sex per week is one time a week. So, who knows if this one is true. We will just go with it. The Twitter part has changed since this infographic came out. As of 2022, there are 500 million tweets per day.
13. Male orgasms typically last seconds, while pig orgasms typically last 30 minutes skip the treadmill. You can burn 200 calories during 30 minutes of sex. A one minute kiss can burn 26
This one is wrong. More studies say the male orgasm is between 30 seconds and up to two minutes long. Men typically only orgasm once per sex session; they should get to enjoy it more.
14. Skip the treadmill! You can burn 220 calories during 30 minutes of sex. A one -minute kiss can burn 26!
Okay, I can take this one – but you need to have the strength for 30 minutes in the sac.
15. 30% of women over the age of 80 still have sex with their spouses or boyfriends
What else is there to say besides – You go, Girl!
To sum it up
Random facts about sex are always interesting and usually bring up other points when you start researching. If this post made you wonder about anything, I’m sure there is an answer on the internet for you.
It’s good to know women over 80 are sexually active – which means, for the most part, men over 80 are sexually active.
Jill Davis, author for Life So Ever
Jill Davis grew up on army bases in the USA and Germany and has spent her adult life on the East Coast. She resides in Virginia where she gets to enjoy lots of hiking trails, kayaking, and other outdoor adventures. No recipe intimidates her and she is always up to try most foods. Her second language is sarcasm and she always looks for the good in life.